Sunday, October 20, 2013

"To Reach Every Human Heart"

I don't know what your lesson was in Relief Society and Priesthood meetings today but in the Richnoy Ward, Moscow Russia stake, it was Lorenzo Snow's teachings on missionary work.  I loved his teaching about our joy in missionary service.  He said, "There is a way to reach every human heart, and it is your business to find the way to the hearts of those to whom you are called."
(So sorry, laptop isn't working and my ipad can't do pictures on blogspot so only words today)

We pray every day to be instruments in God's hands to bring an element of light and goodness to His children in East Europe.  I love the analogy of the honey bee.  Each honey bee creates just 1 milliliter of honey.  Is that tiny amount worth it? Each hive has about 20,000 bees.  By combining their efforts, nature's most perfect food is created.

We are reminded daily of the power of tens of thousands of missionaries throughout the world.  Our field of labor is unique but together God's kingdom is moving forward.

As we approached our metro station with 2 other missionaries this morning, Elder Pierson held the door for a very pleasant looking young woman who smiled and thanked him.  She followed us down the escalator and we waited at the platform together.  You know how it feels when you instantly really like someone and you share a connection.  She spoke no English and my Russian wasn't going anywhere so I gestured at her very pretty earrings.  She seemed pleased and we entered the train and sat down a fair distance apart.  We continued to smile at each other, then I became intent on reading my scriptures.  A few minutes later, I was surprised to see her standing in front of me with her hand open and the earrings in her palm.  It took a great  deal of persuasion to help her understand that she should keep the earrings.

As she stood to get off at her stop she bent down and hugged me and thrust a paper in my hand.  On it was written her name and telephone number.  She added some other information that I can't read.  The young missionaries will help me figure it out and contact her.
I'm not sure what she sensed in us that inspired her to want to connect but I truly feel it is the spirit of Christ that we have truth that will bless her life. I will let you know where it leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment