Wednesday, June 12, 2013

One of my goals in serving this mission is to see the hand of The Lord as much as I can.  Each day I hope to record at least one manifestation each day of God's tender mercies.  I hope to pass at least some of these along:

Here are a few:
1. Since being set apart as a missionary, I have sensed opportunities & inspiration to share the happy truths of the gospel. It has become most important to me to be worthy of the honor of bearing the name of our Savior. I love my name tag
.
2. Sunday, after a celestial week of family, food, festivities & hysterical fun, I was pretty down, missed our family already & was a bit apprehensive abt the adventure before us. I prayed that I would just be happy.  In the shower, the song "There is sunshine in my soul, today" kept running through my mind.  I is not one I reach for naturally but it was I was singing it all day.  I know it guided my thinking & emotions.  Again, music lifted my mood.

3. As we were walking back to our classes after lunch today, we met one of the darling Sis. Baileys from Pine Bluff,  one of the 5 African sisters who came to Arkansas as little girls with a worthless, abusive step-father and a mother who was ill and passed away shortly after they got here.  These darling girls were nurtured and taught by the Pine Bluff ward.  All 5 have remained faithful and have excelled in every way.  Seeing Sis. Bailey so excited about her call to Detroit, it made me realize how the Lord is aware of each of His children and provides opportunities for each as we are prepared and keep our covenants.

We are so grateful for this opportunity to learn and grow with this fabulous companion of mine.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment